Move better. feel better.
Have you ever come across a spot on your neck that is painful and tight? Found a knot in the muscle that just won't release? Chances are you have found a trigger point, a hyper-irritable spot in a muscle that can be directly treated with Trigger Point Dry Needling, or TDN.
Trigger Point Dry Needling, or TDN, is a treatment technique gaining traction in the field of physical therapy to provide the best care to patients. Trigger Point Dry Needling provides the therapist with an effective technique to treat dysfunction where other manual therapy techniques have been unsuccessful or to increase efficacy of treatments.
Common conditions treated by Trigger Point Dry Needling include but are not limited to:
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Neck and low back pain
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Tennis elbow
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- SI joint dysfunction
- IT band Syndrome
- Patellofemoral dysfunction
- Plantar fasciitis
- TMJ dysfunctions
- Various muscle strains
- Other neuromuscular conditions in which muscle tightness or weakness is a factor
Come in today to discuss with one of our therapists if Trigger Point Dry Needling is right for your condition or injury.
What is TDN?
Why try TDN?
What to expect during TDN?
- Most patients do not feel the needle enter the skin
- When a twitch response is triggered it may feel like a brief cramp or deep aching sensation
- TDN may recreate symptoms directly in the area treated which is an indication of an effective treatment
- There may be post treatment soreness that lasts about 24 hours after treatment
YOUR Treatment IS OUR priority
The entire team at Dynamic Physical Therapy places the patient first. We strive to create an environment optimal for healing while providing research-based and effective treatments.